Thursday, 26 May 2011

My Census Experience

I’ve gained a lot of experience and I have improved my spoken English, whilst being a part of census volunteering with Peabody as a Hackney Hosts volunteer.

The census started on 26th April and finished on 6th May. It is all about motivating people to get involved and explaining to them how to complete the census form, as well as why it is important.

With the census opportunity I had the benefit of meeting new people and improving my communication skills and customer service skills.

It is was easy for me to be involved because I am a volunteer in the Hackney Hosts project and they have a lot of programmes that are interesting for all kinds of people. This is the easiest way to be involved in community activities.


As a Hackney Host you have a wide range of opportunities to get involved in different types of volunteering and job opportunities.


I got involved in the Hackney Host programme when I was participating at an event at the college where I am studying.


I had the opportunity to do a lot of training programmes like first aid, media, customer service, census training and job experience, BBC training and many more. Being involved in the community and working in the community is my main goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment